2003 Ph.D.,(Microbiology) Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, India.
1999 M.Phil., (Microbiology) Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, India.
1994 M.Sc., (Microbiology) Sri .Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, India.
1992 B.Sc., (Botany, Chemistry, Physics) Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, India.
1999 SLET (State Level Eligibility Test) Microbiology subject conducted by APCSC Andhra Pradesh. India
Ph.D title: “Degradation of cellulose by fungal cultures from soil contaminated with effluents of cotton ginning industry”.
Research Experience: 14 years
Teaching Experience: 12 Years
Assistant Professor and Head of the Department of microbiology, NPGC, Nandyal, AP, India. (from 2001 to June 2007).
Asst.Professor Department of Virology, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, AP, India, and India from July 2007 to till date.
- Reviewer for Elseveir, John Willey and Springer journals
- Reviewer for Academic journals
- Reviewer for JNN and colloidal sciences
Editorial Board Member:
- 1. International Journal of Virology,USA
- 2. Asian Journal of Scientific Research,USA
- 3. International Journal of Nano science and Nano Technology
- 4. Biotechnology (Webmed Journals, UK)
- 5. African Journal of Food science
- 6. Journal of beverages and distillies
Scopus ID: 6603251119
Research ID: E-5692-2011
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, IICT Hyderabad, AP, and India.
- Non-Government Organizational collaboration with SAARA, AP, and India.
Publications: Published: 54; Communicated: 9; Total Impact Factor (IF- 24.4) Citations: 150 h index:6
- Jaidev, L.R. and Narasimha, G. (2010) Fungal mediated extracellular synthesis of silver nanoparticles, Characterization and Antimicrobial activity. Coll. Surf. B:Biointerfaces Vol 81: pp 830-833 (Elsevier IF.2.6)
- Nagaraju, M., Narasimha, G. and Rangaswamy, V. (2009) Impact of sugar industry effluents on soil cellulase activity. Int. Biodet&Biodeg. 63: 1088-1092( Elsevier IF:2.2)
- Sridevi A G. Narasimha and B. Rajasekhara Reddy (2009) Production of cellulase by A.niger on natural and pretreated lignocellulosic wastes. Internet Jour., of Microbial. 7(1). (IUPSB ) (IF.2.6)
- Kavitha, A., Vijayalakshmi, M., Sudhakar P. and Narasimha, G.(2010) Screening of Actinomycete strains for the production of antifungal metabolites. Afr. J Microbial. Res. 4 (1): 027-032. (Academic IF: 0.47)
- Krishna Reddy, B., Balaji, M., Uma Reddy, P., Sailaja, G., Vaidyanath, K and Narasimha, G. (2009) Antifeedant and antimicrobial activity of Tylophora indica. Afr. J. Biochem. Res. 3(12): 393-397.
- S.Nizamuddin, A.Sridevi and G,Narasimha. (2008) Production of β-galactosidase by Aspergillus oryzae in solid-state fermentation. Afr. J. Biotech. 7(8):1096-1100.(IF:0.54)
- Sridevi, A. G. Narasimha and B. Rajasekhar reddy (2007). Effect of Effluens of Groundnut of oil mill on soil physico chemical and biological properties, Asian. J.Microbiol.Biotechnol. Environ, sciences. 9: 139-140.
- Habeeb Khadri, C., Surekha, S., Lakshmi, S. and Narasimha, G. (2007). Multi drug resistance of B lactamase production by Klebsiella pneumonia. African J. Biotechnol. 6 (15): 1791-1793. .(IF:0.54)
- Jyothsna Devi V and Narasimha, G. (2007) Influence of dairy water on soil physicochemical, biological and enzymatic properties Poll. Res. 26(4):711-714.
- Nizamuddin S, Sridevi A and G. Narasimha (2007) Optimization of B galactosidase by A.oryzae. Afr. J. Biotechnol. 3: 120. (IF:0.54)
- Nagaraju M, Narasimha G and V. Rangaswamy (2007) Effect of effluents of sugarcane industry on soil amylase and invertase activities .Asian J. Microbial.Biotechnol. Environ Sciences. Vol 9: No 4, 851-855.
- Habeeb Khadri, C., Surekha, S., Lakshmi, S. and Narasimha, G. (2007) Urinary tract infections in patients of aged 0-5 years of Anantapur medical college Afr. J.Microbial Res.(In Press) (IF:0.54)
- Surekha Rani, M., Vijaya Lakshmi, K., Suvarnalatha Devi, P., Jaya Madhuri, R., Aruna, A., Jyothi, K. and Narasimha, G. (2007). Isolation and characterization of chlorphyrifos degradading bacteria from agricultural soil and its growth response. Afr. J. Microb.Res. 3: 132- 134. (IF:0.47)
- Nizamoddhin, S., Sridevi, A. and Narasimha, G. (2007) Physico Chemico and biological and enzyme activities in soil polluted with effluents of dairy industry. J. Environ. Conser. Ecol. 14 (1): 89-94. (IF:2 ICAR)
- Narasimha, G., Sridevi A, Viswanath B, Subhash Chandra M, and B. Rajasekhar Reddy (2006) Nutrient Effect on Production of cellulolytic enzymes by Aspergillus niger, African Journal of Biotechnology. 5 (4): 472-476. (IF:0.54)
- Babu GVAK., Narasimha, G. and B. Rajasekhar Reddy (2005) Interaction Effects of insecticides on microbial populations and dehydrogenase activity in black clay soil. Journal of Environmental Science and Health 40: 269-283. (IF:1.54)
- Narasimha, G. and Ramanjaneyulu, R. (2001) Effect of certain phenolic compounds on the growth and sporulation of Cornespora Cassicola. J. Microb.world. 3(1):45-47.
- Narasimha G, B.V.A.K. Babu and B. Rajasekhar Reddy (1999) Effect of Effluents of cotton ginning industry on soil physicochemical and biological properties, Asian Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Environmental sciences. 1: 93-99.
- Sharada Devi, P., Babu, GVAK., Narasimha G and Rajasekhara Reddy, B. (1995) Effect of heavy metals on activities of amylase and invertse in soil, Proceedings of Appl. Environ. Microbial. Vol. 11-13.
- Babu GVAK B. Rajasekhar Reddy Narasimha G and N.Sethunathan, (1998). Persistence of quinalphos and occurrence of its primary metabolites in soils. Bulletin of Environmental contamination and Toxicology Vol. 60,724-731(IF:0.94)
- Rajasekhar Reddy G. Narasimha and GVAK Babu, (1998) cellulolytic activity of fungal cultures J. Scientific & Indus. Research. 57: 617-620. (IF:0.56)
- Narasimha G, B.V.A.K. Babu and B. Rajasekhar Reddy (1999) Cellulolytic activity of fungal cultures isolated from soil contaminated with effluents of cotton ginning industry J. Environ. Biol 20: 235 (IF: 1.04)
- Rajasekhar G. Ramgopal A. sridevi and G. Narasimha (2006). Effect of smokeless tobacco on some hematological and biochemical properties. African Journal of Biotechnology. 1:53-54. (IF:0.54)
- Suvarnalatha Devi, M.N.Reddy, M.Nagalakshmi Devamma, and G. Narasimha (2010) Production of Tenuazonic acid from Alternaria alternata andites toxicity toward germinating groundnut seeds Afr. J. Microb.Res. 3: 132- 134. (IF: 0.47)
- Jaya Sheela, B., Suvarnalatha Devi, P., Vijyalakshmi, K., Santh Rani, T. and G. Narasimha. (2010) C - reactive protein as Diagnostic Tool for Sepsis and Fever In Pediatrics. Biotechnol. Indian J Vol.4, issue 4
- Kavitha K. P.Sudhakar M.Vijayalakshmi and G. Narasimha 2010. Screening and Antimetabolites of Actinomyces Afr. J. Microb.Res. 3: 132- 134. (IF: 0.47)
- Jaidev, L.R., Deva Prasad Raju, B. and Narasimha, G. (2010) Chemical synthesis of Magnetic Nanoparticles and their Antibacterial activity. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. 4(1), 20-23
- Ramgopal, M., Jaidev, L.R, M. Balaji and Narasimha, G. (2010) Impact Of Hydrocarbon Industrial Waste on Soil Physico-Chemical, Biological Activities. J.Environ.Vol.5.(2)
- David Syam Babu. S., Ram Gopal, M., Nandana, G., Sridevi, A. and Narasimha, G. (2009) Protease and Phosphatase activity of soil contaminated with Dairy waste water. Asian J Microbial. Biotech.& Env. Sci. Vol. 12 .pp: 323-327
- Jaidev, L.R., Narasimha, G. and Saigopal, D.V.R. (2009) Decolorization of Rosebengal dye byAspergillus niger isolated from soil contaminated with Dye effluents. Asian J Microbiol. Biotech.& Env. Sci. Vol. 12, pp: 353-357
- Himakiran Babu R.G.Narasimha and A. Sridevi and NBL.Prasad, 2010. Production of Lovastatin by Aspergillus terreus on Groundnut shell through Solid- State Fermentation J. Biotechnology (Vol; 5)
- Praveen Kumar, A., Subramaniam, D. and Narasimha, G. (2010) Production and Optimization of lipase enzyme by Pseudomonas sp. J. Biotech (Vol: 5)
- Sridevi Sandya and G.Narasimha 2010 Production of thermo stable alkaline xylanase from Bacillus species J. Biotech (Vol: 5)
- Mallikarjuna, G.Narasimha, R.Dilip, B.Praveen, B.Shreedhar, D. Sreelakshmi, B.V. Subbareddy and B. Deva Prasad Raju 2010.Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Ocimum leaf extract and their characterization p. 181-186. (IF.1.750 2009)
- Naveen, KSN K.V.B haskara Rao, G,Kumar Karthic and G.Narasimha 2011 Microbial synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles by A.flavas Journal of material science (Trade science)
- Jyothi K, Vijayalakshmi K, andNarasimha G. 2011 Organic acid producing Phosphate Solubilizing Pseudomonas putida biotype (PS1), isolation and characterization from rhizosphere soils of groundnut in Tirupati. Int.J.Microbiol (IF.2.650 2006)
- Reddipradeep, M. and Narasimha, G. (2012) Effect of leather industry effluents on soil Physicochemical biological and protease activity. J. Environ. Biol.
- Radha, S., Nithya, V.J., Sridevi, A. and Narasimha, G. (2011) Effect of abattoir effluents disposal on Soil microbial and enzyme activities. Archves of Appl.Biol. Research.
- Janardhan. A, D.Subramanyam, A.Praveen Kumar, M.Reddi Pradeep and G.Narasimha Aflatoxins impact on seed germination. Annul Biol
- Reddi Pradeep, M and G. Narasimha Chemical pretreatment of lignocellulosic substrates for amplified cellulase production by mutant Aspergillus niger (GNEM7). Insight biotechnology
- Narasimha. A.Sridevi, G.Venkatasubba Reddy and B.Rajasekhar Reddy( 2011). Effect of Cotton ginning mill on soil enzymatic and nitrogen mineralization in soil. J.chem.pharma.Res. 3(1) 128-137.
- Anjaneyulu.Ediga Mopuri Ramgopal, Golla Narasimha and Meriga Balaji (2010). Effect of Pig Iron Slag Particles on Soil Microbial and Enzyme Activities Euro. J. Appl.Sci. 2 (3): 122-126,
- G.Narasimha, 2012, Antiviral activity of silver nanoparticles from Aspergillus niger , Journal of Nano Science and Nanotechnology
Books and Book Chapters
1. Lactase production by Aspergillis Oryzae , Lambert publications, Germany, 2012
2. Cellulase production by Aspergillus niger , Lambert publications , Germany, 2012
3. Biological synthesis, Characterization and antimicrobial activity of silver nanoparticles from beetle leaves, In Nanoscience and drugdelivery
Apple science publication USA
1. Major Research project on Cellulase production by mutant fungal strain Aspergillus niger Sanctioned by University Grants Commision 2009
New Delhi, India
Indian Science Abstracts:
- NAGARAJU M, NARASIMHA G, RANGASWAMY V (Microbiology Dep, National P.G. College, Nandyal-518 502) : ISSN: 0019-6339, VOL 45, NUMBER 1, Jan’1, 2009. 000065
- NAGARAJU M, NARASIMHA G, RANGASWAMY Impact of effluents of sugarcane industry on soil physico chemical and biological properties. J Ind Pollut Control 2007, 23(1), 73-6.
Fellowships/Awards and Nominations:
- State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) for Lecturer position in Microbiology accredited by the UGC, New Delhi. Conducted by APPSC 1999
- University Research Fellowship for Doctoral programme Welfare Commission, Hyderabad, India.
- Nominated as Board of Studies Member(BOS) in Microbiology in both UG and PG Courses in SVU,SKU, Universities, India
- Nominated as External Research Committee member for Ph.D programme in Biotechnology at Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) Vellore,
- Nominated as Board of Studies member in Virology Department Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
Conferences/ Workshops/Symposia and conference papers / Posters / Abstracts Published
National - 27
- International - 9
- Invited speaker - 6
Membership in Professional Bodies:
- Member, Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI).
- Member Society of Biochemistry of India (SBC).
- Nominated as member of American Chemical Society(ACS)USA
- Member of American Nanosociety (ANS)USA
- Member of Nanobank,USA